Friday, March 17, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Hot Take

Growing up in Boston, its tough to not be immersed in Irish culture at some point in your life. As someone who is  half Irish and half Italian I got it more than most. That being said, I am what you may call a self -loathing Irishman. Sure, I love St. Patrick's Day in the sense that anyone can get black out drunk and its all chalked up to good fun. However, everything else to do with Irish culture I hate. I feel bad for anyone who I have ever seen wearing an Irish sweater. Those things are the most uncomfortable pieces of shit in the world. Are you hungry? Well hopefully you aren't around an Irish person or else you better like grey meat and soaking wet carrots. YUM! Seriously, a "boiled dinner" is the most disgusting description of food I have ever read. Do you like a lot of unintelligible noise crashing into your ears? Then turn up the Irish tunes! Never has any noise been more annoying to me than Irish "music." And while I have never made a trip to the "mother country" every picture of Ireland is the same. Its either a bunch of people on a hill who looked like they walked way too far to take the picture or its a goat walking through downtown Dublin.  But, Happy St. Patricks Day! Car bombs for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment